The way to get the hair you’ve always wanted – washing and caring for it properly
Even if long hair needs a lot of attention, you can simplify your care and styling regime with a few tricks:
- Before washing, briefly comb your hair through. This helps you untangle it more easily later on. To do this, use a brush with natural bristles that will care for your hair gently.
- When blow-drying, make sure that you do not hold the dryer directly on your hair but always keep enough distance. This will help ensure that you don’t damage your hair and you won’t have to give up styling your hair either.
- Do you have dry ends? You can counteract this problem by always applying shampoo only to the hairline and putting conditioner throughout the length of your hair. If you don’t have time to always use a conditioner, a leave-in conditioner is a good alternative.
- Little tip: Save time in the shower and apply shampoo to the hairline and conditioner throughout the length of your hair at the same time. Then you can massage the conditioner in a bit as well. Both products can be rinsed out at the same time! This way, you’ll save time in the morning and your hair will be wonderfully fresh and groomed.
- For an extra dose of care, use a weekly hair mask as well, the NIVEA Long Care & Repair Treatment, for instance. It provides moisture and gives long hair a healthy glow.
- Would you like a new hair colour? Then having it coloured by a professional is recommended. Professional hairdressers know exactly which products are the right ones for your hair structure and use them more efficiently than we can use colouring agents from the chemist.
And this way, your hair will not be as stressed when treated by a professional as it would be when you colour it yourself.